[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_single_image image=”943″ border_color=”grey” img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_column_text]
JoiningÂ Bubastis Oasis
The following is a summary of the duties and privileges of Members and Affiliates of Bubastis Oasis. More information about the duties and privileges of initiates in general can be found in Aleister Crowleyâ€™s Liber 101. If you have any questions, please contact the Treasurer.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]
- An O.T.O. Initiate who maintains membership with another Oasis or Lodge who has chosen to pledge dues and claim affiliation with BubastisÂ Oasis or a member of the E.G.C. Laity who has chosen to pledge dues and claim affiliation.
- Minervals and Initiates of IÂ° or above in O.T.O. may join as a full Member.
- To begin your affiliation or membership, sign the roll at the OasisÂ and make your first dues payment.
All active members are entitled but not limited to the following:
- Attend all classes and Gnostic Masses for free. If you bring a friend, their first class is free as well! Also most special events are at least discounted.
- You have access to Bubastis Oasisâ€™s growing library
- Members have a say in what the Oasis does, by attending planningÂ meetings. Yes, all active members are highly encouraged to attend our yearly business meetings and monthly planning sessions and have a voice in how Bubastis Oasis is run. SPEAK UP! This is your local body, where do you want to see it go? Should we do more classes, more masses, more fundraising? SPEAK UP! The Oasis will be as great as YOU want it to be!
- As a member you can sponsor an event! Would you like to see more classes or special events in some specific area? Then by all means, sponsor that event! Simply get Officer Approval and manifest your vision in the Temple.
- As a member you can apply for Officer and Coordinator positions!Â Only members in good standing of the First Degree are allowed to hold positions within BubastisÂ Oasis.Â Â If all positions are currently held, apply anyway, get yourself in line.Â If you still see a need in an area uncovered, write up a job description, come to the next officers meeting and request the job!
- Use the temple for your private work; simply coordinate a time you would like to use your space.
- occasionally schedule blocks of time at the Temple for private group events (such as weddings), free of charge.
- Honesty: In order to maintain a community space for performing our rituals, we need to ensure our financial viability, to that end we ask that you deliver on that to which you commit. Whatever pledge amount you arrange with the Treasurer is expected to be maintained. Please do what you can to ensure you follow through on your commitments.
- Activity: We expect that members will attend the yearlyÂ business meeting and offer input and suggestions that would mold BubastisÂ Oasis into the community that its memberâ€™s desire. To that end, having a voice is important and we strongly encourage the sharing of your ideas.
- Fraternity: We expect that all members treat each other with respect and dignity, there is no requirement or need to get along, but civility is mandatory. If you find yourself having a personal problem with any other member please use the Path of Mediation to resolve your situation.
- Cleanliness: We expect that each member clean up after themselves after functions, our temple is a sacred space, and we owe it to ourselves to keep it clean.
- Awareness: We expect all members to be familiar with all posted policies of the O.T.O. and BubastisÂ Oasis (Minerval Guide, Local Body Policies, etc.). Membership is a choice and to that end we should consider how our personal acts reflect on the group as a whole.